Here are 3 things I am thankful for today
- My staycation this weekend + the ability to still travel with my family
- My day off today!
- The ability to start over
Good morning! I have the day off of work and feel completely reenergized. I realize now how essential it is to take time for myself. This weekend my family and I had a staycation at the Westin in Kierland. It was so nice to relax by the pool and not have to worry about a thing. This morning I woke up early and went for a bike ride...it's definitely a bit toasty out, but it felt amazing to work out a bit.
I have so much I want to do (as always) and have decided to get off social media for awhile. Perhaps a few months! It will help me to clear my head and focus on my goals right now...including ones I have already noted plus a few new ones.
- As always, eat healthier and work out. My choice of working out is bike riding. I have never been much of a gym person...you have to find what works best for you!
- Continue to learn Spanish. I still practice on my app and it's going really well!
- Start a recipe book. (starting this evening with a salmon dish!) I found these adorable printable recipe cards here
- Take a photography class at SCC. Most likely on the weekends. Hopefully I will start being able to use my own photography on this blog...stay tuned!
- Volunteer. I used to when I was younger and disappointed I stopped. I think either a nursing home or Phoenix Children's Hospital...still researching. Any ideas? <3
As always, I hope you can always find the courage to start over if you don't like where your life is at. I definitely want to better myself and am always looking for new ways to do so...instead of thinking of these as short term goals, I think of them as a lifestyle. Hope you all make lists for yourself as often as I do and follow through on them. Again, don't beat yourself up but just try your best! Here is one of my favorite quotes to inspire you.