What is a happy place? To me, it isn't defined as a place but rather a moment. Therefore, I call it my happy moments.
Happy Moments: When I feel calm + free of anxiety, happy, and in the moment // present.
It's a great feeling once you define what these moments look like. Below are some of my happy moments.
- Being with loved ones + doing nothing.
- Curling up in bed with a good book + cup of tea.
- Breakfast in bed. Specifically pancakes in bed. (+ to be more specific, chocolate chip pancakes in bed)
- My morning coffee. It's strange how much I look forward to this moment. Sometimes, it is what gets me out of bed!
- When I'm productive at work and come up with something new + creative.
- When I see my parents smile.
- Making somebody smile.
- Saying hello to a stranger.
- Listening to music.
- Taking photos.
- The sound of ocean waves. I even downloaded a sound machine on my iPhone at one point just so I could fall asleep to them.
- Right after I get my nails + toes done. Yes, this is a great moment.
- The crisp air in Flagstaff. There is nothing like it.
- After a workout.
- Drinking a morning cup of coffee in Flagstaff. Yes, double amazing.
- Butterflies in your stomach when you first meet somebody you are crazy about.
- Blogging. I love sharing my thoughts with the world.
- A good movie. A really really good movie - the kind where you can't take your eyes off of the screen. I just watched Little Boy last night and, wow, happy moment.
- Traveling to a new destination. Discovering new people.
- Reconnecting with old friends.
- Christmas time. The lights. The music. Shopping for loved ones. Giving back.
- Getting a massage.
These are just some of mine, what are some of yours? I think it is a beautiful thing to realize how many happy moments I really have in my life. This is what I live for - these small, fleeting moments are what makes life so wonderful. <3
Also...I now have an Instagram account dedicated to this blog! It is going to be a mix of personal + blog content. You can follow me now here.